OPEN Kickoff Conference for DOL TAACCCT Round 2 Grantees
Date: June 20-21, 2013
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Hosts: Creative Commons, Carnegie Mellon Open Learning Initiative, CAST, Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges
Invitees: This conference was primarily intended for TAACCCT Round 2 Grantees. However, a selection of TAACCCT Round 1 Grantees will presented their projects and shared experiences developing courses with support of the OPEN Partners. Select sessions and included graphic recording led by Giulia Forsythe. Representatives from the US Department of Labor, Department of Education, and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation were in attendance at this two-day event.
Conference Materials Available
Please see the links below for presentation materials and handouts from the Round 2 Kick-Off event. Presentation materials are hosted on Slideshare, and images are hosted on Flickr. All material can be downloaded and reused via the CC BY license. Links to the webinar recordings will open in your browser via Blackboard Collaborate.
DAY 1 ACTIVITIES
- Presentation slides
- Graphic Notes
- Webinar recording (keynote begins at 10min30sec mark, runs thru 1hr18min)
- Presentation slides
- Graphic notes
- Webinar recording (STEM presentation at 1hr34min, runs thru 2hr22min)
OPEN Comprehensive Services Panel with Sam Johnston, Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST), Kim Larson, Open Learning Initiative (OLI), Cable Green, Creative Commons, and Connie Broughton, Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC).
Round 2 Grantee Lightning Rounds: Sharing and Seeking – Brief project descriptions, strategies, pedagogy, and technology of Round 2 Grantees.
DAY 2 ACTIVITIES
Round 1 Grantee Showcase: HealthIT MoHealthWins & Bellevue College, in collaboration with the Open Learning Initiative (OLI).
Round 1 Grantee Showcase: The Colorado Online Energy Training Consortium.
Universal Design For Learning (UDL) Overview presented by Sam Johnston, Research Scientist, Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST).
Creative Commons and the CC BY License presented by Jane Park, Project Manager, Creative Commons.
Best Practices in Creating and Managing Open Educational Resources presented by Boyoung Chae, eLearning & Open Education Program Administrator, Washington State Board for Community and Technical Colleges.
Effective Open Course Design presented by Kim Larson, Learning Engineer/Project Manager, Open Learning Initiative (OLI).
Using the Creative Commons CC BY License Jane Park, Project Manager, Creative Commons.
*To download the complete schedule click the link below:
Update: A Flickr photo album of Day 1 events is now available: OPEN Round 2 Kick-off photo set (CC BY Cable Green)
- ACT-On: Retail Management Certification
- Amarillo College
- Athens Technical College
- Bellevue Community College
- Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College
- Camden County College
- Casper College
- Chattanooga State Community College
- Clovis Community College
- Colegio Universitario de San Juan
- College of Southern Nevada
- Crowder College
- Delaware Technical Community College
- Des Moines Area Community College
- East Los Angeles College
- Eastern Iowa Community College
- Edmonds Community College
- Estrella Mountain Community College
- Flathead Valley Community College
- Forsyth Technical Community College
- Fox Valley Technical College
- George C. Wallace Community College
- Greenville Technical College
- Hinds Community College District
- Kennebec Valley Community College
- Los Medanos College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Mitchell Technical Institute
- Monroe Community College
- Montgomery County Community College
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Norwalk Community College
- Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College
- Palm Beach State College
- Pennsylvania College of Technology
- Prince George’s Community College
- Pueblo Community College
- Roane State Community College
- Rogue Community College District
- Sinclair Community College
- Southwest Virginia Community College
- St. Louis Community College
- Tyler Junior College
- Utah Valley University
- Washtenaw Community College
- Waubonsee Community College
- Wichita Area Technical College